We are seeking:
Mettler Toledo Cargoscan AS are seeking you that want to be part of a global team with a large contact surface, both externally and internally, that thrives working with product portfolio optimization in order to help Mettler-Toledo advance existing and new product solutions within transport & logistics (T&L). The role as Product Manager for idenfication (ID) and dimensioning (DIM) within the strategic business unit (SBU) - T&L reports to Head of Product Management Department, SBU - T&L, located in Mettler-Toledo Germany. The position is one of six product managers globally within the SBU - T&L.
In the role as Product Manager of ID and DIM you will have full budget-, result- and quality responsibility for your own product portfolio. This also includes in- and out phasing of products, as well as a key role in T&L development projects. An important part of the role will be working against a standardized product portfolio on 3rd party products within Identification (ID) and how these integrate with the weighing and dimensioning products of Mettler-Toledo.
- Conduct business needs analysis and understand the future needs of ID and DIM solutions for the group's DWS systems.
- Develop and manage product plan/roadmap, for 3rd party ID and DIM products within the scope of responsibility and coordinate these with other product modules in the systems. This includes sales and order process, documentation, pricing and service concept (SSP)
- Define development tasks in line with our strategy and customer needs
- Develop requirements specifications for further development of our DWS systems and master data modules in collaboration with R&D.
- Support sales unit with product presentations, preparation of offers, documentation, service concept and product training.
- Assist in quality assurance of deliveries and ensure that 3rd party products are handled in line with MT-owned products
Desired professional background and experience
You have 3-5 years of relevant experience with technical product management, preferably within optical, electrical, machinery industry or similar. Moreover, you have worked in the interface between product and IT, and understand how software affects hardware. You have higher education within technical subjects, preferably with additional education or courses within business and administration. It is also an advantage if you have experience from project and team management from an international matrix-organized business.
Desired personal qualities
Mettler-Toledo is an international matrix-organized business that requires good understanding of diverse cultures. Furthermore, it will be an advantage if you are able to "fight" for what you believe in based on evidence-based analysis.
Other personal attributes emphasized:
- Good analytical skills and structured approach
- "Hands-on" approach to get things done
- Self-motivated, independent and targeted-oriented working style
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to adapt to diverse cultures
Mettler Toledo can offer:
- Work in an international environment with good career oportunities globally
- Possibility to influence highly advanced products used by recognized brands worldwide
- Multicultural environment
- Competitive salary, pension and insurance package
Mettler-Toledo Cargoscan AS
Mettler Toledo Cargoscan AS is a leading global supplier of data capture solutions for the transportation and logistics industry. The technology has been developed in Norway since 1985 and became part of Mettler-Toledo Group in 2000. The company is a preferred supplier to companies such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, TNT and postal/ express companies in more than 30 countries and one of the leading companies within their domain. The company is a Norwegian product organization that supplies high-tech products that integrate dimensioning, weighing and barcode reading technologies to provide clients with solutions for efficient operation.
Mettler Toledo Cargoscan AS has approximately 45 employees distributed throughout the value chain from R&D, engineering, procurement/ supply chain, production, sales and support, as well as administrative functions. The company is located on Alnabru, in Oslo.
- Arbeidssted: Oslo
- Søknadsfrist: As soon as possible
- Publisert: 2018-04-11
- Kontakt: Terje O. Norum, +47 909 14 599