We are seeking
To strengthen the R&D team, Mettler-Toledo Cargoscan are seeking two quality oriented Application Software Engineers. You will be involved from concept to delivery, be part of a dynamic organisation, and work in an innovative, international and multicultural environment. You will have the possibilities to work with big international clients helping them develop back-end and/or GUI solutions - on both long-term generic- and short-term customer-specific projects.
The main objective is to design, develop, maintain and review software in a small R&D team with high ambitions for innovation, growth and continuous improvements. The R&D team is currently consisting of 12 highly skilled people. Do you want to join them?
- Analyse, design, develop, maintain products and assist in commercialization - in accordance with project requirements.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer applications to improve and advance solutions for a wide range of customers with varying specifications.
- Create test modules for automated test routines.
- Develop back-end and/ or GUI solutions for both long-term generic projects and short-term customer-specific projects.
- Create technical and user documentation.
Who are you?
You are a Software Engineer/Developer with passion for building applications in C++ - throughout the entire software life-cycle. Moreover, you like to work with the Standard Template Library and you have preferably knowledge of the Qt framework. In your work you prefer an approach using object-oriented analysis and the use of design concept.
It is an advantage if you have one or more these qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree within Computer Science or similar technical field. Lack of education can be compensated by experience.
- Understanding of Linux and Windows OS setup and customization.
- Capabilities to write and improve scripts (such as bash, python and cmake)
- Experience with Web Applications programming languages and functional knowledge of web services.
- Familiarity with software version control systems (SVN, git, etc.)
As a person you:
- Plan, organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Set goals and keep deadlines
- Communicate well with your peers and potential clients.
Mettler-Toledo can offer you:
Work in an innovative environment with exciting client projects domestically and internationally. You will be involved through the entire life cycle of projects and have the possibility to influence highly advanced products used by recognized brands worldwide. Mettler-Toledo will offer a global network of resources and expertise, good framework for continuous training and development, and a multicultural environment.
Competitive salary, pension and insurance package
For more insight please see video below:
Mettler-Toledo Cargoscan AS
Mettler Toledo Cargoscan AS is a leading global supplier of data capture solutions for the transportation and logistics industry. The technology has been developed in Norway since 1985 and became part of Mettler-Toledo Group in 2000. The company is a preferred supplier to companies such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, TNT and postal/ express companies in more than 30 countries and one of the leading companies within their domain. The company is a Norwegian product organization that supplies high-tech products that integrate dimensioning, weighing and barcode reading technologies to provide clients with solutions for efficient operation.
Mettler Toledo Cargoscan AS has approximately 45 employees distributed throughout the value chain from R&D, engineering, procurement/ supply chain, production, sales and support, as well as administrative functions. The company is located on Alnabru, in Oslo.
- Arbeidssted: Oslo
- Søknadsfrist: Snarest
- Publisert: 2018-01-10
- Kontakt: Terje O. Norum, +47 909 14 599