We are seeking
To strengthen the R&D team, Mettler-Toledo Cargoscan are seeking two quality oriented Application Software Engineers. You will be involved from concept to delivery, be part of a dynamic organisation, and work in an innovative, international and multicultural environment.
The main objective is to design, develop, maintain and review software in a small R&D team with high ambitions for innovation, growth and continuous improvements. The R&D team is currently consisting of 12 highly skilled people and you will report to head of R&D. Do you want to join them?
- Analyse, design, develop, maintain products and assist in commercialization - in accordance with project requirements.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer applications to improve and develop solutions for a wide range of customers with varying specifications.
- Develop test modules for automated test routines.
- Develop back-end and/ or GUI solutions for both long-term generic projects and short-term customer-specific projects.
- Create technical documentation and user manuals for clients as needed.
Qualification and professional knowledge:
- Bachelor or Master within computer science, engineering or IT related field and more than 3-year relevant development experience.
- Fluent in C++ and good knowledge of Standard Template Library (STL).
- Experience and understanding of object oriented analysis and design concepts.
- English is required and any other languages highly appreciated.
Preferred qualification and professional knowledge:
- Knowledge of Qt framework.
- Understanding of Linux and Windows OS setup and customization.
- Capabilities to write and improve scripts (such as bash, python and cmake)
- Familiarity with software version control systems (SVN, git, etc.)
- Plan, organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Set goals and keep deadlines
- Good cooperative skills
Mettler-Toledo can offer you:
- Work in an innovative environment with exciting client projects domestically and internationally.
- Involvement through the entire life cycle of projects
- Possibility to influence highly advanced products used by recognized brands worldwide
- Multicultural environment
- Competitive salary, pension and insurance package
For more insight please see video below:
Mettler-Toledo Cargoscan AS
Mettler Toledo Cargoscan AS is a leading global supplier of data capture solutions for the transportation and logistics industry. The technology has been developed in Norway since 1985 and became part of Mettler-Toledo Group in 2000. The company is a preferred supplier to companies such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, TNT and postal/ express companies in more than 30 countries and one of the leading companies within their domain. The company is a Norwegian product organization that supplies high-tech products that integrate dimensioning, weighing and barcode reading technologies to provide clients with solutions for efficient operation.
Mettler Toledo Cargoscan AS has approximately 45 employees distributed throughout the value chain from R&D, engineering, procurement/ supply chain, production, sales and support, as well as administrative functions. The company is located on Alnabru, in Oslo.
- Arbeidssted: Oslo
- Søknadsfrist: As soon as possible
- Publisert: 2018-01-10
- Kontakt: Terje O. Norum, +47 909 14 599